One to three months residency in a rent-free accommodation and additional studio in a newly redecorated apartment in the city center of Kristiansand. Kristiansand has a strong and active art scene with a lot of contemporary exhibitions going on, located on the southern “sunny” coast of Norway.
The Cultural Rucksack program (DKS) is a program where artists convey their work to schoolchildren. Agder Art Centre selects one artist in residence a year to execute a project. The workshop is usually held within one week, with approximately two classes per day. The compensation is 20.000 NOK (2115 EUR). Approx one quarter of the total should be estimated to cover the use of material during the workshop. Preferably open for fine artists and artisans. You will need to submit a project description in addition to your artist in residence application. More info: http://www.agderkunst.no/artist-in-residence/cultural-rucksack-dks/
The following criterias will be of importance:
- Applicants who are part of international networks, larger projects or programs.
- Participation in projects linked to artists, groups and/or institutions in Kristiansand.
- Applicants who are planning to take part in the art environment in the city with exhibitions, professional arrangements etc.
- The artist must cover all other expenses such as living costs, travel, materials, insurance and transport.
- Both international and Norwegian artists are welcome to apply.
- This is a two bedroom apartment. Agder Contemporary Art Center needs to make use of the smallest bedroom if the guest artist aren’t in use of it.
- Use this application form: https://www.kristiansand.kommune.no/generelt/skjemaer/ks/KK053/
- For more guidelines, visit our website: http://www.agderkunst.no/artist-in-residence/
Residency Programme since: 2006
Description of Organisation: The City of Kristiansand offers a residency to professional artists, who wish to live and work in Kristiansand for a period of time. The aim is to strengthen, promote and develop collaboration and network between contemporary artists in Kristiansand and other national and foreign artists and to enrich the cultural scene of our town. Agder Art Centre administrates the Artist in Residency in Kristiansand, Norway, on behalf of the commune.
Organisation founded in:1980
What type of organisation are you?:
Presentation of artists’ work: Arranged on a case-by-case basis